Many investment and business development opportunities come from existing businesses already operating within our region. ESREN reaches out to, and engages with, its business community to understand their needs, challenges and opportunities.
Through BusinsessNow, the ESREN and its partners will focus on identifying and supporting businesses that are based in our region.
What is it?
- An internationally-renowned business retention and expansion program that has proven successful across Canada and around the globe
What does it do?
- Engages local business owner/operators, the community, and government
- Encourages the retention and growth of a community’s existing businesses
- Remove barriers to growth in the region
- Demonstrates to local business that their contributions to the economy are appreciated
- Improves the business climate in the region
The program includes:
- In-depth surveys of existing businesses to determine strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and challenges. Surveys are conducted by trained economic development officers on an ongoing basis.
- Referrals that connect businesses with the BusinessNow Action Team, a network of government and industry representatives, who can help businesses address specific challenges and opportunities.
- Determining which programs (examples: funding, technical training, management seminars, labour relations) may help a business and ensuring they have access to them.
- Analysis of survey responses which provides insight into systemic barriers to growth, the business climate of a region, and the opportunities that exist going forward.