In 2005-06, the Richmond County Energy Office took on the task of collecting studies and reports that had significance to the Strait of Canso region. A total of 658 studies published between 1960 and 2005 were collected. The Strait of Canso Collection was turned over to the Eastern Counties Regional Library – Mulgrave Branch Office.
In 2018, as part of a Strait of Canso Study Review, the Strait of Canso Working Group (SCWG) acquired the electronic listing of Strait of Canso studies from the Mulgrave Library. An approximate 50 studies were sourced and reviewed by the SCWG identifying relevant report findings, conclusions and recommendations.
The Strait of Canso Working Group has reactivated the listing of studies so you too can search past studies and view a brief description of each study. Please note studies are searchable by bibliographies, communities, energy, geophysical inventory, industrial minerals, opportunities and transportation and infrastructure.
If there is a study that you have interest acquiring please contact us and we will do our best to track down either an electronic or hard copy of the report.
- Strait of Canso Collection of Economic Development Studies (prior to 2006)
Also available for viewing are a Strait of Canso collection of reports that have been conducted after 2006.
- Point Tupper, International Energy Gateway Strategic Directions (2016)
- The Nova Scotia Transportation Sector: Global Market Challenges & Opportunities (2016), CPCS
- Strait Forward Supply Chain Analysis and Business Opportunity Study (2014), Dan White and
- Economic Impact Study of Independent Marine Ports in Atlantic Canada (2011), Gardner Pinfold
- Strait of Canso Super Port Maser Plan (2010), AECOM
- Strait-Highlands Energy Asset Map, Final Report and Energy Map (2008)
For further information please contact:
Eastern-Strait Regional Enterprise Network